Distinguished Undergraduate Researcher AwardThe Student Undergraduate Research Council (SURC) is pleased to announce the Distinguished Undergraduate Researcher Award (DURA). This award recognizes outstanding academic research by undergraduates at the University of Central Florida.
- A $200 scholarship to recognize their efforts (contingent upon SGA funding)
- A certificate and an Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) padfolio
- Recognition on the OUR website and in the SURE program
- Acknowledgment of their award in the monthly OUR electronic newsletter
- Have at least one complete semester of research experience
- Be in good Academic Standing
- Are not a current or previous member of the Student Undergraduate Research Council
Student Research Poster AwardsScholarships are given to projects at the annual Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence. This event occurs yearly in April and applications are due in February. Awards include the Judges’ Choice, Peer Choice, and Audience Choice Awards. Only students who apply, are accepted, and attend the Showcase event are eligible. Over $25,000 in scholarships are awarded annually. Please visit the Showcase website to learn more about these awards and to see previous awardees.
Nominate Your Mentor: Faculty Mentor of the Year AwardCurrent researchers are invited to nominate their outstanding faculty mentor for the Faculty Mentor of the Year Award sponsored by the Office of Undergraduate Research and the Student Undergraduate Research Council (SURC). SURC members select the winner of this award each Spring. The award is presented by SURC at the Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence awards ceremony each April.
National and International Prestigious Awards
Research is a crucial component of applying to many of the most prestigious national and international awards, scholarships, and fellowships. Undergraduate Researchers are encouraged to contact the university’s Office of Prestigious Awards to learn more about the different types of opportunities including the Fulbright, Goldwater, and many summer off-campus opportunities.