Read more about these opportunities:
Funding Opportunities: OUR Student Research Grants, Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, and programs from Academic Advancement Programs (Research and Mentoring Program, McNair Scholars) and the College of Engineering and Computer Science -Office of Diversity & Inclusion
Award Programs: Distinguished Undergraduate Researcher Award, Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence poster awards, information on National and International Prestigious Awards, and the Faculty Mentor of the Year award nomination.
Publication and Presentation Opportunities: Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence, Presentation Travel Awards, Florida Undergraduate Research Conference, the UCF Undergraduate Research Journal, and Honors in the Major
Programs with Course Credit: Directed Independent Study and Honors in the Major
Summer Off Campus Research: General information and resources for finding summer off campus opportunities
Leadership Opportunities: Student Undergraduate Research Council, Summer Research Academy Peer Mentors, OUR Peer Mentors
Students participating in Undergraduate Research should consider doing the following:
- Take a research course credit to document your involvement on your transcript, and possibly get upper division elective credit.
- Look into structured, paid, or scholarship research program opportunities by visiting a Peer Mentor to discuss your options. In the meantime, you can review the Undergrad Research Opportunities Chart.
- Present your work at the Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence or an off-campus conference.
- Visit either the Academic Advancement Programs or Pre-Health & Pre-Law Advising Office to discuss post-graduation plans.
- Visit Experiential Learning and Career Services to discuss how research can prepare you for your career.
- Consider publishing your work through either the UCF Undergraduate Research Journal and other journals or the Honors in the Major program.