Find out more
What is L.E.A.R.N.?
A program that invites science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and social science students to become a part of a supportive learning community.
- F-L.E.A.R.N. is for students entering UCF from high school.
- T-L.E.A.R.N. is for students entering UCF from a state/community college.
Who is in L.E.A.R.N.?
To be eligible, students must be incoming freshman or transferring from a state college, who will start in summer or fall and major in one of the following disciplines:
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Science (Anthropology, Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Math, Physics, Forensic Science, Psychology, Sociology, and Statistics)
- Optics and Photonics
- LEARN from faculty and peers in your learning community
- Study in an ENVIRONMENT that supports your ACADEMIC success
- Gain hands-on RESEARCH experience (other benefits include priority registration and a scholarship)
- Build a NETWORK of friends
By working with on-campus partners, both L.E.A.R.N. programs provide a select group of students with an inquiry-based and hands-on educational experience through learning about and conducting research.
F-L.E.A.R.N.TM was founded in 2011
T-L.E.A.R.N.TM was founded in 2016
The average GPA of L.E.A.R.N. students is above a 3.0
F-L.E.A.R.N.TM students' graduation rates increase 86%*
L.E.A.R.N. students are graduating from UCF with a STEM degree 119% higher than the matched comparison group
3 universities have L.E.A.R.N.TM Programs: Florida Atlantic University, Western Carolina University and University of Central Florida
*All percentages are based on L.E.A.R.N. student data who are compared to a matched comparison group.