Each summer, UCF hosts some of our brightest rising sophomores, juniors, and incoming transfer students for three days, during which SRA Scholars will:
- Learn about the nature of university research and how research can expand your undergraduate experience
- Meet with research faculty and other students active in research at UCF
- Explore research opportunities available to undergraduate students at UCF
- Earn one credit hour for work accomplished as an SRA scholar
Whether your interests lie in the humanities, the physical and applied sciences, engineering, the social sciences, or business, the Summer Research Academy (SRA) has something to offer you. This is a pre-research course that will introduce participants to academic research.
SRA is a three day event, held in July at the UCF Main Campus. Typically, the event runs from Thursday to Saturday at the following times:
(2 – 8 p.m.)
(9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
(9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Credit for the course will be waived and housing (if needed) will be provided FREE to all SRA Scholars.
Applications are due in May 2019
Student participants must:
- Attend all three days of the course-event
- Complete the Academy assignments online
- Fulfill all requirements set forth in the Policy on Participation, including passing the class (which is graded pass/fail)
|Current Students||Transfer Students|
|Rising Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors are usually eligible if they meet the following criteria:||The Office of Undergraduate Research welcomes applications for the UCF SRA from students who meet the following criteria:|
The next Summer Research Academy will be held in July 2019. Applications open in February 2019.
For Current Researchers: Be a Peer Mentor
Peer Mentors serve as a resource, mentor, and guide to participants during the Summer Research Academy. This is a paid position, and they must commit to attending the entire course-event, as well as several other dates for training. These dates will be published when the applications are open.
To be considered for a position as a Summer Research Academy Peer Mentor, students must:
- Be currently engaged in research
- Be a current UCF undergraduate, or a recent graduate with extensive research experience
- Be available for the entire duration of the event (July 26, 27, and 28) and the following additional dates:
- July 13th: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- August 6: 12 – 5 p.m.
Currently conducting research? Please fill out the Peer Mentor Application.
For Faculty: Site Visits
Each year, faculty members are invited to host site visits during Day 2 of the Summer Research Academy. During these site visits, students have the opportunity to meet with faculty and current researchers to learn about their research. Students tour labs, research/creative sites, or simply meet in departments thematically aligned with their majors. These visits are the highlight of the three days and are meant to be casual. Besides being fun and engaging for both faculty and students, this is also great opportunity for faculty to recruit undergraduate researchers. Faculty, graduate students, and/or undergraduate researchers can host these visits.
Interested? Please fill out the Site Visit Sign-Up.